Thursday, November 26, 2009

Warning: Actual Knitting Content

Since today is Thanksgiving, I believe that I should finally come to terms with the fact that I am too far behind in my Christmas knitting to be able to catch up in time.  And still get some sleep, that is. The last few years must have been aberrations to my normally disorganized way of approaching the holidays, as by this time I had a big bag full of knitted stuff that I had set aside as gifts.  I should have known that it wouldn't last.

This year, the bag contains only one ribbed scarf made out of two colors of Noro Kureyon, and maybe one scarf left from last year.  While I do realize that I have not yet perfected control over time and space, and that I do have a house and two young children to take care of, the lack of knitting intended for friends has left me feeling rather inadequate.  I mean, I love to give my knitting to people who appreciate it-as does any knitter-and I love the fact that my friends and family do understand that handmade gifts are my way of expressing my love for them.  Which I have done for the last few years, but won't be doing this year. 

My paranoid side has been busy praying that they won't see the lack of knitting as some kind of lessening of my feelings about them. My rational side knows this isn't true, but the paranoid side is really, really loud.

The rational side has also reminded me, quietly, that now would be an excellent time to get started on Christmas knitting for 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment