Saturday, December 5, 2009

Fire and Rain

It's a dreary rainy day here in southern Connecticut.  My boys have been begging to have a fire in the fireplace for some time now, and today is the perfect day to indulge that, even though it isn't particularly cold outside.  I have been working on some Christmas knitting, tending the fire, and being generally impatient about when it might start snowing.  There is a chance it may snow here, but it's just not happening fast enough for me.  Aside from all the usual reasons a person might like snow, for me, it makes the knitting more enjoyable.  Watching the snow silently fall as the birds come and go from our feeders, enjoying the warmth of my home and the wool in my lap is as close as it gets to a perfect day for me.

But for now, I will have to be content with watching the rain fall as I sit by the fire and knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment